Skip to main content

Unfiled Returns

Having unfiled returns is not a situation to take lightly; failing to file your tax returns is a criminal offense. If you do not file, you can be prosecuted and punished, possibly with jail time. The guidelines are one year for each year not filed. Don’t put your freedom on the line over failing to file your tax returns!

Lawler and Witkowski have helped thousands of people file unfiled returns. Let us give you peace of mind by helping you get into compliance with the filing requirements. If you voluntarily file your delinquent returns, you’ll likely avoid further problems other than having to pay the interest and penalties.

If you wait for the IRS or State to file your returns for you, they will be prepared in the best interest of the government. The IRS will not include exemptions, deductions, or credits that could reduce the tax amount.

In most cases, you will likely owe taxes, interest, and penalties after the returns are filed. Once we see how much is owed, we’ll design a plan of action to resolve that too.

LG Brooks expert in fixing Unfiled Returns

Nationally recognized tax resolution expert LG Brooks from L&W teaches a class to tax professionals from around the country on how to best represent clients before the IRS. If you have a tax problem and need help let LG go to work for you! Call (716) 631-5111.

We can help with unfiled returns!

Generally, we can prepare and file unfiled returns avoiding exposure to such harsh penalties. In some cases, the IRS has prepared a return for you and assessed the tax based on that return. These IRS-prepared returns will include all of the income items the IRS knows about, and will not include deductions, exemptions, or credits you are entitled to claim. Therefore, the tax assessed based on the IRS-prepared return will generally be higher than the amount we determine considering appropriate deductions, exemptions, and credits.

We will assist you in filing the return with the lower liability and having your IRS record amended. If there is a balance due after correcting the IRS records, we will represent you before the IRS to resolve that in the least intrusive manner available. If you have a tax problem and need our help call us today at (716) 631-5111.

Once you become our client you won’t have to speak to the IRS anymore.

If they want information or to talk to you they will have to go through us. The first step to getting tax problem help is calling us at (716) 631-5111 and scheduling a one hour no obligation case evaluation with one of our Certified Tax Resolution Specialists. During this meeting we will discuss the details of the case and make plans to start the investigation. During the investigation phase of your case we will be gathering information, pulling transcripts, and finding out what the IRS knows about you. Once all the details are in place we will set up another meeting to go over your resolution options.

Trying to figure out how to end a tax problem on your own probably feels overwhelming, and that’s why you’re entitled to representation. Take advantage of it! Believe it or not an experienced taxpayer representative often knows more about the IRS programs and rules than a lot of IRS agents!

Let us help you get those unfiled returns filed. Call (716) 631-5111 today.

Dear Larry Lawler, My wife and I would like to thank you for being instrumental in negotiating our offer-in-compromise with the IRS. What seemed like insurmountable odds going into this process turned out to be a great victory for us. With your help, we were able to reduce a liability debt load of over $495,000.00 and negotiate a settlement for $500.00. You were able to overcome a disinterested party in the IRS who were not even interested in negotiating any settlement with us. Through your tact and technique, the IRS eventually settled upon our offer. I whole-heartedly recommend Lawler & Witkowski to anyone who has any IRS issues or problems. Hopefully, they may experience the same positive results as we got. Thanks again.

Pat – Depew, NY

Common Tax Problems

Click the buttons to learn more about each problem.

Potential Solutions

Click the buttons to learn about each solution.

If you’re ready to solve your tax problem call (716) 631-5111 right now or click the button below!