Thinking of owning your own business?
Opening your own business is exciting. It’s everything after the excitement has worn off that dictates whether a small business will survive. It’s up to you to maintain the “excitement” period forever.
A methodical plan of action will sustain your dream of being your own boss and running a successful business. Success lies in the approach you choose to take. We help you avoid the common pitfalls that many new small business owners make when starting their new venture.
We help you…
- Prepare an initial business plan to clarify your marketing, management, and financial plans.
- Determine your start-up capital needs.
- Identify sources of start-up capital and backup sources if needed.
- Evaluate and quantify your borrowing power so you know how much money you can get your hands on if needed.
- Select a business structure that best fits your needs by evaluating tax advantages, legal exposure, ease of operation and portability should you need to relocate.
- Select the right accounting software by evaluating your budget, needs and hardware.
- Prepare a Cash Flow Budget so you know exactly how much money you need to keep the business alive each month for the first few years. Unplanned cash requirements are always emotionally painful.
- Establish billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow.
- Establish procedures to monitor and control costs.
- Setup a home office so you can maximize your tax deductions.
- Prepare and file your application for your Federal Employer Identification Number.
- Assist in setting up a fully compliant payroll and payroll tax filing when needed.
- Advise on employment laws to avoid fines and unhappy employees.
- Advise on your business insurance needs.
- Advise on partnership or shareholder agreements to prevent problems down the road.
Let us help you succeed by getting your new business off to a good strong start.