WNY Tax Pro Training Series
Case Description (Based on a real case)
You just got off the phone with a new potential client and their situation is, well, a mess…
They’re grossing over 2m a year and they failed to treat workers as employees. They also failed to maintain orderly books and records, and the owner of the corporation took no salaries or wages.
You advised the client about how serious this situation is and that if they want you on the case they’d need to pay a 20k retainer.
The client has agreed to pay your fee, and now it’s time to get to work. Your assistant has summarized your phone call and the notes are below:
- Your new corporate client who has received an audit notice for 2021 and 2022
- The corporation reported gross revenue of (approx.) 2M each year.
- The taxpayer failed to treat workers as employees.
- All workers were treated as sub-contractors.
- Workers were issued 1099 forms for amounts paid to them.
- The business failed to maintain orderly books and records.
- The owner is English as a second language and did not graduate high school
- The owner of the corporation took no salaries or wages.
- The owner issued himself a 1099 for 20k.
- The owner worked full-time as CEO.
- Owner paid numerous personal expenses out of business account.
Do you have what it takes to get this disaster under control and find a solution?
Join us as we discuss how to analyze and work through a this tough case. We will share with you all the documents, transcripts, case planning strategies, and more!
Participants will earn 2.0 CPE/CE credits
Field of Study: Taxation
Location: 2250 Wehrle Dr, Suite 3 Williamsville, NY 14221
Course presented by: Larry Lawler, CPA, EA, CTRS, NTPI Fellow
Larry is the National Director of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS). Larry has worked and consulted on literally thousands of IRS representation cases and is a frequent public speaker, a writer on professional topics, and a regular trainer of tax professionals nationwide.
Why we created the WNY Tax Pro Training Series
We created this training series to give WNY Tax Pros a chance to get out of their offices to network & learn! All of our training events are sponsored by Lawler & Witkowski CPAs as well as the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers.
To save your seat(s) fill out the form below or Email Carolyn@LandWcpas.com
Currently there are less than 10 seats remaining!