Preparing your own income tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers. According to a study by the US Government’s General Accounting Office, over 54 million of the 71 million taxpayers believe they benefited from using a professional tax preparer. In other words 77% of taxpayers found it worthwhile to work with a tax professional.
Like it or not, today’s tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Home use computer programs are not a substitute for the experience of a tax professional.
Your tax return will be…
- Prepared by an IRS licensed professional,
- Reviewed by a second IRS licensed professional,
- Analyzed by our state-of-the-art software specifically designed to identify potential problems the IRS may look at more closely and reviewing the math to limit IRS contacts,
- Filed electronically providing proof of receipt by the IRS and State,
- Filed electronically to speed issuance of your refund,
We will also…
- We will show you how to adjust your withholding to avoid sending in excessive amounts, and
- We will provide an annual organizer to ease the burden of gathering your tax data.
Messy Books? No Problem!
If you own a small business and have not kept up your bookkeeping, don’t worry. We can help you. We will prepare your bookkeeping for the year; prepare a Schedule C, as well as your personal income tax return. Then we will help you set up a system that allows you to keep your books in tip-top shape next year.